We all know PUSD is suffering from serious administrative challenges. We must elect a board member who is qualified, objective, collaborative and ethical to ensure the greatest success for our children and rebuild trust in the community.
I am a civic-minded scientist, parent and community leader dedicated to educational excellence in PUSD. Since my three young daughters attend PUSD schools, I am fully invested in high-quality education. I am focused on Putting Education First for Poway Unified School District. I know this is the best way to achieve excellence in curriculum, staffing and funding. Join me in Putting Education First.
I’ll work effectively every day for PUSD
- Excellence – Prioritize education, staff and finance
- Resources – Balance STEM, arts and whole child
- Advocacy – Seek participation, collaboration and openness
* I am qualified: I have a PhD in Biophysics from University of California at Irvine, have a Bachelor of Arts from Occidental College (Los Angeles, CA), have worked at the National Institutes of Health (Bethesda, MD) and at Genentech, Inc. (South San Francisco, CA). I am a strong advocate of public education and have a genuine interest in the education experience. I am capable of digging into the weeds, but not getting stuck in them. My science background brings valuable STEM expertise to the Board. My Certification in Project Management, combined with extensive experience working on civic boards, makes me an objective problem-solver who can manage budgets and resources.
* I am a dedicated community leader: I have served on The Rancho Peñasquitos Town Council (as President, and Chairs of Education, Web&Print, Fiesta and Safety Committees), VP of Legislation/Advocacy for Park Village Elementary PTA, and PUSD Advisory Committee member. I currently serve on The Rancho Peñasquitos Planning Board (member of the Land Use Committee), SDPD Police Captain’s Advisory Board – Northeastern Division, and as the Executive VP of the Park Village Elementary School Foundation. I understand the processes of school funding and meeting curriculum needs, and have a passion for educating parents on these issues.
* I am trustworthy: In every role I stepped into, I fulfilled my responsibilities, pushed organizations to higher standards and had the strength to voice my concerns. I am committed to ethically fulfilling my board responsibilities and will continue to work collaboratively and effectively with teachers, administration and the community.
Our children’s education is my top priority.
I respectfully ask for your vote.
View an unedited recording of my launch: